Insurance claims can be difficult and stressful if you have never dealt with having to go through insurance to repair your vehicle. Universal Auto Body will help guide you through the process from beginning to end. Our expert insurance claim liaison can work with, and has worked with just about every insurance company out there. Any questions or concerns he is always available to help and inform our customers. Click here for a list of links to online claim reporting for insurance companies: List of insurance companies to file your claim online
Here are a few quick tips
- If you are the claimant you ARE entitled to a rental for as long as the vehicle is in repairs.
- You are also entitled to a rental right away if your vehicle is not safe to drive, this DOES include bumper hanging off the side, broken taillight/headlight, door stuck and won't open, anything else that a cop would pull you over for.
- Insurance adjusters that come out to look at your vehicle can only write for what they see, DO NOT WORRY about the dollar amount of the estimate they write. Simply take a copy to our insurance liaison and we will work with the insurance company, once the vehicle is in the shop for repairs, if there is additional damage we will call them back out to reassess the damages. Our customers will NEVER have to pay out of pocket for an insurance claim unless it is their deductible.
- Our repairs carry a lifetime warranty as long as you own your vehicle, many insurance companies that have Direct Repair Programs will try to persuade you to use their Shop of Choice by giving you a lifetime warranty on the repairs. Anything that they CAN offer, we DO offer.
- Whenever in an accident, make sure you ALWAYS call the police to make a police report, even if the other person says he will be paying out of pocket. Once both parties leave the scene of the accident without calling the police and making a report, you have no leverage if the other person decides to change his mind and does not want to pay for your damages.